Twisp’s response to the Daily Mail UK article
An article has recently been published by the Daily Mail UK tabloid making the following statements:
- E-cigarettes contain the most addictive form of nicotine
- Research found levels of nicotine contained in e-liquids often didn’t match the label
Read the full article here.
The facts presented in this article are at best incorrect, and at worst outright propaganda. Let’s explore this further…
Nicotine is one of the alkaloids present in tobacco smoke that forms the addiction profile of smokers, however this combined with MAOI’s (Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors) plus many other minor tobacco alkaloids round out the addiction profile of cigarettes.
In fact the FDA released information that Pharmaceutical grade nicotine, as is found in NRT (Nicotine Replacement Therapy) chewing gum or patches does not form dependency in the absence of tobacco smoke. In contrast to the article incorrectly stating that e-cigarettes contain “free base nicotine”, cigarettes contain added ammonia which alkalises the smoke allowing for faster absorption into the bloodstream.
The pure nicotine used in e-cigarettes allows the consumer to avoid the smoke, tar and carbon monoxide and basically the elements of smoking that do the damage.
Rest assured that at Twisp, we ensure not only the highest quality of our product, but also its utmost safety and health care compliance. From sourcing the very best flavour ingredients to the development of our unique flavour profiles by professionals.
Every batch of flavour produced undergoes stringent testing to ensure nicotine levels are consistent and match the stated amount on our packaging.
View the manufacturing process of Twisp flavours here.
Some important facts about Twisp flavours:
- Produced in a Medicine Control Council approved lab
- Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) approved
- International Organization for Standards approved (ISO 9001 certified)
- Produced with Top Grade Pharmaceutical Nicotine
- Produced with natural ingredients wherever possible
- All our liquids are marked with a unique batch code to ensure traceability and consistent quality