Looking after your Twisp device.
Atomizer Head (Coil)
- Do not overcharge or leave charging batteries unattended.
- Do not charge near flammable materials.
- To extend the life of your atomizer head, ensure your tank is always sufficiently filled and you have allowed new heads to soak before use.
- Atomizer heads do wear over time. Replace when performance diminishes or if you experience a burnt flavour.
- To prevent leaking, make sure that all seals are in place and that you wipe them dry before reassembling your device.
- Do not leave your device in high temperatures or damp conditions, as this may damage the device.
- Please note that the device may leak lightly if left for an extended period of time in an enclosed hot space like a car or a low pressure zone such as an aeroplane.
Maintaining your Twisp Clearo and Replaceable Coil
We love using our Twisp Clearo device and like all other electronic devices, we need to take proper care of it to ensure that we get the most out of it. The coil plays a very important role in the Twisp Clearo device as without it, your Twisp Clearo will not work.
How does it work?
When you press the button and draw on your Twisp Clearo Device, the Twisp Flavour is super-critically heated creating the delightful Twisp vapour.
Here are a few caretaking tips on how to get the most out of your coil:
- The Twisp Clearo coil should be replaced every 2 – 6 weeks depending on usage. This will ensure that you get the best flavour at all time.
For a video guide on how to replace your coil, click the link:
- Make sure that your atomizer is always full (or at least 1/3 of the way) Do not overfill it beyond the base of the silicone seal – this will cause your atomizer to leak.
- Always make sure that your coil is tightly secured. You will know that you need to tighten it as there will be little to no vapour being produced.
- Clean your device regularly or at least once a week to ensure best results.
How to clean and take care of your Twisp Device:
Your Twisp device, like most items you use in your everyday life, will inevitably have to be cleaned every once in a while. Let’s go over why you should regularly clean your Twisp Clearo and how we recommend you go about it.
Why should you clean your Twisp device?
A well-maintained Twisp device is a device that is cleaned regularly. If you do not maintain your device, it could result in your Twisp Flavour tasting stale, or leaking flavour liquid.
Let’s take a look at the components of your device.
Your device is made up of 4 main parts:
Description: TWISP 1
Let’s get down to business
Cleaning your device
|Description: TWISP 2||
Firstly, remove any excess liquid from the threads, seals and exterior “sweating” with a dry tissue.
|Description: TWISP 3||
Once you have removed any excess liquid, remove the coil and thoroughly rinse your atomizer components in water before reassembling. (Please note that you can only rinse the atomizer when the coil has been removed from the device.)
|Description: TWISP 4||
If there is any excessive liquid in the mouthpiece, remove it and wipe it with a tissue.
|Description: TWISP 5||
Make sure that the atomizer is completely dry and that all silicone o-rings are in place before reassembling it.
- Coils are consumable parts and are unfortunately not covered under our 6-month manufacturing warranty. They are however guaranteed against DOA (dead on arrival)
- Be careful of the coil threading when cleaning a new coil, as it may damage and prevent the coil from working.
- Thoroughly clean your device at least once a week for best results.
WHY SMOKE, WHEN YOU CAN VAPE?
Whether you’re new to Twisping or a regular smoker looking to make the switch, Twisp is without a doubt the smarter, safer and eco-friendly alternative. With Twisp, you can enjoy a true smoking experience, without any smoke, burn or tobacco, which means that no tar, carbon monoxide or smoke particulates are present. Which is not only good news for you, but also for those around you and the environment.
ADVANTAGES OF TWISP
- A safer alternative to smoking.
- No tar, carbon monoxide or smoke particles.
- No smell of smoke and ash.
- No cigarette butts or boxes to litter.
- No first or secondhand smoke.
- Increased work productivity.
- A wide range of exciting flavours.
Read further here (ETS):
WHY THE WORLD IS SWITCHING TO VAPING
1. “Vaping is not smoking” – direct quotation from ruling in New York Court
- Burning of tobacco creates thousands of chemicals, with much higher risk of cancer and other diseases.
- Vaping provides a safer alternative to smoking as it delivers a similarly effective dose of nicotine without the adverse effects of burning tobacco or inhaling smoke.
- As such, vaping provides a tobacco and smoke-free alternative to traditional cigarette smoking, whilst considerably reducing your daily spend from smoking.
Source: “An electronic cigarette neither burns nor contains tobacco,” the court noted. “Instead, the use of such a device, which is commonly referred to as ‘vaping’, involves the inhalation of vaporized e-cigarette liquid consisting of water, nicotine, a base of propylene glycol or vegetable glycerine and occasionally, flavouring.”
2. “Vaping is 95% safer than cigarettes” – direct quotation from Public Health England
- “The main finding of a 2015 evidence review carried out by Public Health England found e-cigarettes to be 95% less harmful than tobacco. “
- An expert independent evidence review by Public Health England (PHE) concludes that e-cigarettes are significantly less harmful to health than tobacco and have the potential to help smokers quit smoking.
Source: Public Health England press office: E-cigarettes: an evidence update
3. Vaping Aerosol does not harm bystander like cigarette smoke
- Of the three main causes of mortality from smoking, lung cancer arises primarily from direct exposure of the lungs to carcinogens in tobacco smoke.
- The main culprit is smoke and, if nicotine could be delivered effectively and acceptably to smokers without smoke, most if not all of the harm of smoking could probably be avoided.
- It also confirmed the findings of PHE’s 2014 independent evidence review, that there is no evidence of harm to bystanders from exposure to e-cigarette vapour and the risks to their health are likely to be extremely low.
UKCTAS commentary on WHO report on electronic nicotine delivery systems electronic non-nicotine delivery systems. - 26/10/16
The section on risks of second-hand exposure to ENDS aerosol provides no evidence that such exposures pose any material risks to bystanders. The claim that ENDS have the “potential to lead to adverse health effects” in bystanders does not reflect the science behind the cited source….”
Source: 2016 Nicotine without smoke Tobacco harm reduction. A report by the Tobacco Advisory Group of the Royal College of Physicians. Nicotine without smoke Tobacco harm reduction - A report by the Tobacco Advisory Group of the Royal College of Physicians
2013 Variability on Electronic Cigarette Use. Experience: An Internet Survey Konstantinos E. Farsalinos, Giorgio Romagna, Dimitris Tsiapras, Stamatis Kyrzopoulos, Alketa Spyrou and Vassilis Voudris
4. E-cigarettes are much easier to quit smoking than NRTs
- “We know that e-cigarettes are the most popular quitting tool in the country with more than 10 times as many people using them than using local stop smoking services.”
- “Users claim that e-cigs help them stop smoking entirely (38 per cent) or reduce the amount they smoke (25 per cent)”
- ‘significant health benefits are expected in smokers who switch from tobacco to e-cigs’
Source: Public Health England press office: E-cigarettes: an evidence update & http://health.spectator.co.uk/e-cigarettes-save-lives/